Become A Member

Photo of Confederate Soldiers taken from the Union side of the Rappahhanock River, Fredericksburg, Virginia, Dec. 1862. Courtesy of LJ Hayes Colors Note: Soldier on far right may be grinning at the photographer.

Membership in the Sons of Confederate Veterans is open to all male descendants of any veteran who served honorably in the Confederate Armed Forces. Membership can be obtained through either lineal or collateral family lines.

The kinship to a veteran must be documented genealogically. Members in the camp can help prospective members with genealogy assistance to locate ancestors, free of charge. Contact the camp directly to learn more.

The applicant must be at least 12 years of age. You will need your ancestor’s name, unit, state of service, and information as to his honorable service. There are a variety of online sites that contain National Archive records of American Soldiers (Confederate Soldiers are American Soldiers) in all wars, such as In addition, all Southern state archives have records of the soldiers who fought from that state, and a copy of the information can be obtained for a nominal fee.

All applicants will need to complete the official Sons of Confederate Veterans (SCV) membership application from the Sons of Confederate Veterans Heritage of Honor brochure.  For questions contact the Turner Ashby Camp Adjutant (

Even if you are not eligible to join, as a lineal or collateral descendant of a Confederate veteran, you can still join the camp as an Associate Member. We welcome everyone and anyone who appreciates history of the south and dixieland! Contact the Camp Adjutant.

%d bloggers like this: